Go Back   Global Project > Many Challenges Face Americans & The World > The Encroaching Surveillance State

Old December 14th, 2018, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Exclamation 4th Amendment Abused Daily By US Government

4th Amendment Abused Daily By US Government

Excerpt: US Customs and Border Protection officers are snooping through the contents of more travelers' electronic devices than ever, and don't follow protocol 67% of the time, according to a new report by the Department of Homeland Security's internal watchdog.

During an enhanced secondary inspection, CBP's Office of Field Operations (OFO) can manually review information on a traveler's electronic devices - or they can connect external equipment to copy information for uploading and analysis in CBP's Automated Targeting System (ATS).

I'm all for secure borders in a reasonable fashion but what happened to the 4th Amendment of the US Constitution?

Defined: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

With that said... how is it that the US government has the right to go through my smartphone or any other electronic device that I own? How is that possible? Aren't we supposed to be "secure in our effects"?

We are falling into being sheep by saying, "I don't have anything to hide so it doesn't effect me."

That is a cowards statement. It has everything to do with you and your rights as an American who is either from a lineage that made this nation free or who came here to be free.

As the government ratchets up power, tyranny, we become complicit in the acceptance of it. This is the poison that we take yet we don't get anything in return but weakness from our selves. We aren't being protected... we are being spied upon so there is no competition to leadership.

Think of King Herod who wanted all the male babies killed in hopes of killing Jesus as a child. That is what this is. Crushing those who are independent.